Leica Experiences: Nude in the Landscape – Palm Springs – Mark de Paola
Andalusian horses trample the dusty stables as you walk through a private estate of something in a dream. You walk through the citrus orchards, the gardens, and past the coy pond to meet the turquoise blue pool shimmering in the heat of the Palm Springs sky. Fine art photographer Mark de Paola and his fine art nude collaborator greet you to begin a seven-hour shooting experience of a lifetime.
Why take this experience?
- Explore the iconic landscape of Palm Springs, California as an inspirational backdrop for the fine art nude.
- Work under the guidance and unfiltered perspective from world-renowned photographer Mark de Paola.
- Discover the outer limits of what your equipment has to offer,
- Work with natural environments including the pool, the gardens, the citrus orchard, the coy fishpond, and the horse stables among three white Andalusian horses.
- Discuss the relationship between your personal journey in life and photography and how this can translate into developing your individual voice in the fine art genre.
- Come away from this experience with a fine art nude portfolio of 5-10 final images.
- Following your session, receive a written critique of the final selects from Mark de Paola.
- A brief overview of key fine art nude artists who have defined photographic history.
- Professional protocol when working with a fine art nude model.
- How the neurobiology of human vision may be incorporated into the way you shoot the figure.
- How to identify visual cues and patterns in your work unique to your photographic style.
- Techniques in rendering portraiture subjects without any need for post-production editing.
- Specific goals to pursue moving forward with your fine art work.
Location: Palm Springs, CA
Participants: 1 person
Duration: approx. 7 hours, plus an emailed review of images
Inclusions: All instruction, location, production, and model fees.
Exclusions: Travel to and from Palm Springs, accommodation, and local transportation
Gear Recommendation: Manual focus lenses
Available Dates: January 14th, 15th, 16th, 2022
(Click the calendar below to the open dates.)
Mark de Paola is a director and photographer based in New York City and Los Angeles, best known for his wide-open shooting style. De Paola has had multiple covers for Vogue Spain and Mexico, as well as campaigns and commercials for Donna Karen, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Brioni, Neutrogena, La Perla, Sephora, and MAC Cosmetics to name a few.
Mark has directed nearly 700 television commercials in the fashion/beauty sector, including Anheuser-Busch (Superbowl), Sony, Kawasaki, Ford Motorsports, Ducati Motorcycles, Toyota, Giorgio RED Perfume (exhibited at MOMA, NY), and English Ideas Cosmetics amongst others. Mark’s fine art series “60 Seconds” (a series of nudes shot with handheld 60-second exposures) and “The Art of Backstage” (shot during NY Fashion Week) have been exhibited at the Leica Gallery LA, Boston, Tokyo, San Francisco, and Dali, China.