Leica Bespoke: with Doug Menuez
Create your personalized Akademie session
Leica Akademie USA and Doug Menuez are now offering one on one, bespoke Zoom sessions for 2 hours based on your individual needs and interests. Sessions are available to be scheduled as 2-hour intensives.
Topics will be customized for you and may include but are not limited to your creative growth as a photographer; shooting documentary, editorial, fine art or commercial work; book and personal projects; portfolio and web site; social media/marketing; gear and technical questions; workflow, archiving, best business practices and more.
After an assessment of your needs, in a private session, Doug will share insights and solutions from his decades of experience to support your photographic growth in a wide range of areas.
Critique: raising your game creatively and technically to be the best photographer you can be
Finding your best path forward by figuring out who you are as a photographer
Photography as a practice: whether you pursue photography as a passion or career, learn how to structure your artist’s journey for longevity and build a creative, satisfying life in photography for the long-term
Personal projects and books: pursuing long-term documentary work; multimedia projects
How to design the tightest, purest version of your work in a portfolio.
Workflow and archiving; from shooting, to post processing, to file naming to RAID arrays and more.
The above topics are given as broad jumping off points are by no means a dictate. Doug is interested in hearing about your personal interests and looks forward to putting together a tailored program with you.
What might be accomplished during my 2 hour bespoke session?
Below we’ve provided a few examples of topics that may be feasibly covered during your
2 hour bespoke session.
Example 1 – Portfolio critique: raising your game creatively & technically
* A thorough critique and analysis with discussion of areas for improvement
* Identify your true photographic goals and find solutions for meeting them
* Apply new understanding to create the best portfolio ever- the purest version of your vision
* Understand what is holding you back technically or creatively
Example 2 – Personal projects & books
* Finding, producing and shooting a long-term project
* Turning long-term projects into fine art photography books for trade or art market; plus multi-media platforms
* Funding long-term projects; corporate sponsors, partners, foundation grants, crowd-funding
Example 3 – Master the business of photography
* Fundamentals and best practices for selling yourself, billing, cash flow, finance
* Proven marketing and social media practices
* Working with agents
What happens after I register?
1. Schedule your bespoke session today with your requested date and time.
2. Doug will send you a follow up email to confirm your session and assess your goals, and topics of interest.
4. A proposal for your session details, topics to be covered will be emailed to you with your Zoom invite.
5. Your bespoke session will take place.
6. You will receive a follow up email from the session with any links or notes that may have come up during the session.