- Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.
Leica Bespoke: Adobe Lightroom with Brad Husick
Create your personalized Akademie session
Leica Akademie USA and Brad Husick are now offering one on one, bespoke Adobe Lightroom Zoom sessions for 2 hours based on your individual needs and interests. Sessions are available to be scheduled as 2-hour intensives, or two 1-hour sessions.
Brad recalls, “Ever since age 5 when my father brought me into his home darkroom and taught me the classic techniques, I have had a love of photography. My career building software companies (one of which was acquired by Adobe) allowed me to combine my interest in technology with my photographic art. I have taught for years, even fulfilling the wishes of three of my students to become professional photographers. These sessions are designed to bring participants of any skill level to the next level in their work with an attention to correct pacing, interaction and fun.
Reviews of Brad’s teaching:
“Brad is an extraordinary instructor he has immense patience and remarkable depth of experience. He has taken impossible projects and taught me how to turn them into gold. He has also expanded my understanding of the incredible options to take good shots into outstanding shots with simple tools and techniques in post processing that I never realized were available. Great experience that I plan to continue.”
The session will be tailored to your goals and interests around using Adobe Lightroom to manage, edit, and print your photos. Brad has extensive experience using Leica M, SL and compact cameras, and has been a professional photographer in the portrait and sports fields. Brad is VP and an “ask-the-expert” resource for LHSA – The International Leica Society.
Some suggested topics are listed below, but feel free to bring up any line of inquiry and discussion.
- Developing a logical, easy to manage organizational system for your library of photographs
- Choosing the right computer gear and accessories to maximize performance
- Editing photos using the powerful tools in Lightroom
- Using plug-ins to achieve results beyond the basic
- Saving “un-saveable” photos
- Creating photo books and magazines for lasting memories
- Printing demystified
- Color management, to “get what you see” every time
What might be accomplished during my 2 hour bespoke session?
Example 1 – Organizing
- Setting up your hard drives for easy management
- Importing your photos, the right way
- Using Collections and metadata to easily organize your images
- Backing up your computer and photos
Example 2 – Editing
- Understanding color management
- Using white balance, the right way
- Developing a logical workflow for editing your images
- Applying the right tools at the right time
- Getting rid of noise and correctly sharpening
The above topics are given as broad jumping off points are by no means a dictate. Brad is interested in hearing about your personal interests and looks forward to putting together a tailored program just for you.
- Adobe Lightroom Classic
- A computer with a microphone
- A good internet connection
What happens after I register?
- Schedule your bespoke session today with your requested date and time.
- Brad will send you a follow up email to confirm your session and assess your goals, and topics of interest.
- A proposal for your session details, topics to be covered will be emailed to you with your Zoom invite.
- Your bespoke session(s) will take place.
- You will receive a follow up email from the session with any links or notes that may have come up during the session.
Brad Husick is Vice President of LHSA – The International Leica Society, and a professional photographer with more than 40 years of experience. Brad’s photos have been published in several magazines and in the New York Times. He was the mission photographer for the first private spaceflight – Space Ship One, and for the launch of the first Ocean Cleanup system in the Pacific. Brad was also a professional sports photographer for three years. He often writes camera, software and lens reviews for online sites and teaches extensively for groups and individuals. Brad’s career began at Apple, includes co-founding three successful companies, and was an early employee at a company later acquired by Adobe.